Take a look at some of the most innovative design events of the weekend, with Decorex lasting until 24 September. When you’re finished, check out Corner’s latest issue design edits, which reveal some great places to source one-off pieces, from superlative chairs to unique decanters…
1. 1000 Londoners: Design in London; V&A; Fri 19 September; 16:00. A showcase of short documentary films revealing the diversity of people whose lives in London have been changed by design.
2. 100% Design; Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre; 17-20 September. The biggest event at London Design Festival, it expects some 30,000 visitors this year. A fantastic trade event for industry professionals.
3. Digital Design Weekend; V&A; 20-21 September. Celebrate with interactive installations, inventive electronics, workshops, demonstrations and more.
4. Various Design Installations; V&A; check site for specific dates, from 13 Sep-24 October. An array of cutting edge installations are dotted around the V&A with fantastic free tours at hand to explain the method in the magic.
5. Open House London Study Centre Blythe House; V&A; 20-21 September; 11:00-17:00. A fantastic tour of the centre for preservation of textiles and fashion, including new reception area by Haworth Tompkins and display of Eduardo Paolozzi’s Krazy Kat Arkive of twentieth-century popular culture.
6. Decorex International; Syon Park; 21-24 September, consumer’s day: 23 September; register for a ticket here. Steeped in 37 years of heritage, Decorex is renowned as the place to discover the very best in luxury design.
Here’s a great little video summing up the celebrations of London Design Festival 2013:
Feature Photo courtesy of Ed Reeve